Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Xcode Shortcuts: Original Documents now Creative Commons Licensed

I am hardly one to hold something back from the Mac Developer Community when I think I have something that will benefit everybody. As such I am finally doing something I've wanted to do for a while. My Xcode Shortcuts guide has a ton of downloads and is one of the most popular articles of all time on my site, and I think many people would like to use the content in various different formats to suit their needs so I don't want to hold you all back. As such I am releasing the Xcode Shortcuts guide under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. In essence you can share and modify the work as you please as long as you attribute me as the author somewhere in the work, don't use it for Commercial Purposes and share the modified works under a similar License. The Xcode Shortcuts guide was created with Pages '08 and thus you need it to modify the document, though I have included a copy of the document exported to Rich Text format for some compatibility though the document looks like one big mess when I open it in Text Edit. The only thing I've done from the Guide I released is to remove the Xcode Icon just for legal reasons. If you want it's easy to paste it back in there. Although it's not required, if you modify and use the Xcode Shortcuts Guide leave a comment here or send me a quick email letting me know. Thanks! Have Fun! Right Click on the link and select "Save Linked File to 'Downloads'" Xcode Shortcuts Guide CC Licensed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. please can you release a version in PDF format?

Unknown said...

I second the PDF request. Thanks for putting this together!

Anonymous said...

I third the PDF request. Thank you by this helpfull resource.

 
...