Wednesday, February 18, 2009

NSConference

nsconference_block.png
If you haven't heard already Scotty is putting together a Mac Developer conference for Europe called NSConference which will be April 16-17 in Hatfield, UK. I would love to go to this, but I am at an odd stage where I am still really a student and am trying to figure out what I am going to do to transition to a full time job in Mac Development, so $1,000+ for a few days in Europe is really beyond my means at this point. However I fully support conferences like this, WWDC and C4 where developers can get together, socialize and learn from each other and exchange ideas and information. Plus I have talked to several of the speakers who will be at the conference (either in person or online) and they are all top notch mac developers, I can only hope that Scotty publishes the videos (like C4) so I can watch them later on after the conference has ended. I am totally jealous of anybody going to NSConference for 2 big reasons (1) I've never been outside the United States (not by choice, I really want to get outside the US sometime) and (2) The sessions and workshops look like fantastic things I'd want to learn about from UI Design desicions, designing custom controls, foundations of Objective-C, etc. If you haven't thought about it already I'd suggest you look into it and head to NSConference. NSConference in the US? Also Scotty appears to soliciting feedback for a possible conference like NSConference in the US. If you would want something like that please give him your honest and constructive feedback here: http://cocoadev.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=731

No comments:

 
...